Thursday, March 1, 2012

Review + Swatch | Sinful Colors: Cinderella

I was intrigued by this color (and the name) after seeing it a few times on Instagram. This swatch was taken with my iPhone 4S camera, it's usually a lot more clear than this... not sure why it's showing up blurry!


Sinful Colors nail polish isn't super complicated to find. Normally I order mine from Cherry Culture, but you can also find them at Walgreens. I found this shade at my local Walgreens.

PRO
  • Price
  • Drying time
  • Doesn't chip after a week
CON
  • Formula 
  • Way too sheer

I've been a long time fan of Sinful Colors nail polish. The reason being at under $3 it's really a great deal. It dries quickly and the thing I like the most about Sinful Colors is that it doesn't chip at all without a base or a top coat (my longest wear time was a week. I took it off myself and it wasn't chipped at all at that point, not sure exactly how long it lasts)! 

With most Sinful Color nail polishes you can expect the same great formula that's easy to work with. But with the shade Cinderella, this wasn't the case. Now I'm not sure if it was just MY bottle, or just this shade but with my experience, the formula was goopy and runny at the same time. It wasn't hard to apply (even on my right hand) but it was hard getting it not to drip all over the place.With that said, the swatch came out more streaky and uneven. This was with about 4-5 coats and even then, you could still tell it was streaky. 

The great thing about this color though is, I don't know if you can tell by the picture, but it's a really really pretty light blue with small pink glitter. Definitely reminds you of Cinderella's dress!

While I do love Sinful Colors, I don't think I'll be spending much time with this particular shade.

0 comments: