Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Review + Swatch | Essie: To Buy or Not to Buy

Essie is a brand that I fell in love with late last year. I'm always on the search for the perfect nail polish formula (then again who isn't?) and when stumbling on Essie, I immediately fell in love!

I buy about 50% of them from Macy's since I'm always hanging around there before class and I stumbled on their Spring Collection awhile back, I picked up three colors one of them being To Buy or Not to Buy.


PROS:
  • Drying time
  • Doesn't chip after a week with no base or top coat
  • Smooth formula

CONS:
  • A bit pricey at $8
  • The little glitters were a pain to take off

This is a gorgeous color and I fell in love with it in the bottle. In the swatch it looks better than it did in person. While I loved the color, on my skin tone it wasn't that nice. I'm starting to think that pretty pastels just aren't for me lol. I don't know if you can really see it here, but this color had small pink glitter flecks in it that gave it a nice touch when it hit the light but they were a paaaainnnn to take off! Who knew tiny glitters would be so stubborn?

While I do still love this color, I'm sad it wasn't for me.





0 comments: